Monday, April 4, 2011

What is The Narrow Gate?

OK, so for a while now I've been feeling like maybe I should be blogging.  Don't know why - who on earth would want to read what I am thinking!!  But more for me than anyone else I think I am going to start  . . . who knows what it will lead to??

I think for me this is going to be a place to process and grow in my walk with the Lord, hence The Narrow Gate.  Matthew 7:13 - 14 says  “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.  But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. "  I don't know about you but I love the Lord and have chosen the narrow gate; but staying on that narrow path can be difficult! Often I think I have to "hop the fence" cause I've wandered too far down the wide path!  So this will be about my walk, my struggles, my fears, and well I will just see where God leads.  If it helps to know you aren't alone - then feel free to read on, if not, that's OK too - God is using it to help me process - out loud.

 Right now I have been battling apathy.  Things are good, busy, generally going smoothly . . . but I am struggling to feel that same passion; that burning fire that I desire.  Now I know this is perfectly normal - just like any relationship, our relationship with the Lord has its' peeks and valleys.   I also firmly believe that we are the most ineffective when we are apathetic.  When we are scared it is natural to turn to God, when things are awesome we sing His praises, when things are hard we cry out . . . but apathy, it is a useless emotion  it leaves us thinking only of ourselves (if of anything at all).  So I will push through it - commit to dedicate time, thought, and blogging hours to seeking His face more clearly.Knowing and trusting that  when I ask  it will be given to me; if I seek I will find; and when I knock and the door will be opened to me. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Matthew 7:7-8)

Feel free to ask, seek, and knock along with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment